Sunday 6 May 2012

Jules - My little Superhero!

A couple of months ago Charlie spent a few days talking non-stop about Superheros. I told him I would make him a Superhero cape and dutifully went to the fabric shop and got fabric in to do just that. Here are some photos of the cape.


I used navy blue polycotton and cut a red star and sewed this on (using bondaweb). I chose a contrasting red, white and blue star fabric for the lining and a red and white ribbon for the tie. I used the star machine embroidery that is built into my machine to sew a row of little stars along the bottom. I was really pleased with the result and couldn't wait to show it to Charlie the next day.

When I showed it to him, in true fickle two year old style he was totally disinterested and refused to try it on!!! Anyway this week he saw a programme on CBeebies with someone wearing a cape and I asked if he wanted to wear his and he was keen to do so. I finally managed to see him in my creation. He really liked it and wore it to the child minders and was "Super Charlie" all day!



No comments:

Post a Comment