Thursday 17 May 2012

Jules - First attempts at crochet

I have always fancied having a go at learning to crochet so decided to get a hook and investigate YouTube. I found a clip on how to crochet a ball so used the pause button lots and went along with it, here are the results-

The yellowey one was my first attempt using 4 ply yarn as suggested but it seemed a bit open and you could see the stuffing through so I had another go with the bluey one and used double knitting. I was happier with the results as it seemed a little heavier as well so better for indoor throwing and catching with Charlie.

I then went on to find a pattern for a little bee which I really liked. I found I wasn't able to follow the pattern as I didn't understand all the abbreviations so kind of followed the pattern and kind of followed the way I did the ball. It actually looks like a bee so I guess that means that it was a success!




No comments:

Post a Comment